Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Yesterday was supposed to be my day off.
I did, however, arrange to meet with an important client to finalize their order.
{{{It turned out to be right around $7,000, so go me!}}}
{{{And it's all going to be picked up Friday; go me twice!}}}
{{{AND it's still at a REALLY good mark, even with the 25% contractor discount they got; go me 3 times!}}}

Unfortunately, that's where the happy ended.

One of my long-term customers came in, desperate for 220 ft2 of  very discontinued tile.
I'm going to be picking some of it up from the Cleveland store when we go up for the Stewart family Thanksgiving and I'm supposed to "do whatever it takes" to get the rest, up to and including charging them $100 per store I have to have it special delivered from.
I found most of it and am should know about the rest today.

I was just getting ready to do some cuts for a customer of mine who just so happened to pop in while I was finishing up with everyone else when Warehouse Will came back from the first leg of the delivery he was doing for me.
The builder, who had promised me he'd have a whole crew of guys there to help unload the truck hadn't showed and Will had had to tromp up and down a muddy hill with about 3,000 lbs.-worth of tile to put in the customer's garage.
(It's a new build, so the customer wasn't around either.)

Matt hit the fucking roof.
Blah blah blah this and blah blah that like every deliver that has ever gone wrong was somehow MY fault.
He then informed me that I was going to go with Will on the second trip to the site to help him unload since there wasn't anyone else there.
Never mind that I had shit of my own to do (like take Chris to pick his car up from the shop).
And oh, by the way, how the hell are we supposed to cram Will, myself and his two kids into the cab of a Ford F-250 truck?!?

Rather than have to follow Will in my car all the way up to Apple Valley and back, I called Chris and asked him if he'd watch the kids (3 and 5) while we were gone.
He graciously agreed, so I took them to my house while Will got the second load ready.
We left as soon as I got back.
Will was all sorts of appreciative that I brought my iPod along so we could listen to something other than intermittent radio.

11/2 hours later, we got to the house.
Well, NOW the owner and some other guy are both there.
I guess the owner heard about what happened with the first run and came up to make sure the second one was okay.
I explained what happened and made everything right by him.
He still hasn't decided whether or not  to call and waylay Matt for sending my happy ass up there in the first place.

After we unloaded, Mr. F gave us the grand (and I do mean grand) tour.
Three levels of lake-front (okay, artificially-crated pond-front) splendor including 6 bedrooms, 2 decks, a boathouse w/ dock and an all-cedar jacuzzi room!
Naturally, I asked him if he was looking to adopt.
Will and I are now invited to the housewarming party.
It should be one hell of a good time.
We're also going to be taking the kids up at some point to go boating & fishing.
I'm still trying to picture Maddie catching a fish, but we'll see.

After the tour was the 11/2 hour drive back to the store.
My back can barely take 30 minutes in a car with decent suspension before it starts twitching and yelling at me.
Add to that the unloading of another 3,000 lbs. of material (which we thankfully didn't have to tromp up and down the hill to do) and I'm in one hell of a nasty state.

Back at the store, Matt and I had a little chat about his blowing up at me.
He apologized and went up down and everywhere about how he didn't know it would take so long and am I okay, etc.
He also said I can come in an hour late today.
Gee, thanks.

I declared a no-more-yelling-at-Lydia week and left to rescue Chris from Will's kids.
Today, Matt gets to hear about how much fun that was.
If nothing else, it should illustrate to him how far out of their way everyone had to go to accommodate  his little hissy fit.


( 9 comments — Leave a comment )
Nov. 21st, 2006 01:42 pm (UTC)
Wait a tic... YOU? Unload ANYTHING? Ummmm.... NO! How in the world can they send you to help unload 3,000 lbs of tile?? With YOUR BACK??? Are they NUTS???

Sorry for the caps... I'm just shocked!
Nov. 21st, 2006 03:49 pm (UTC)
It was actually more like 1,300 lbs. of thinset (stuff you stick the tile down with) and 2,700 lbs. of tile at about 50 lbs./box.
My lift limit is 50 lbs., but I try to not lift any more than I absolutely have to.
Matt has already agreed that I will be taking it easy today.

Also, I have lots and lots of Percocet.
Nov. 21st, 2006 04:05 pm (UTC)
I agree with Chandara.... you're boss doesn't just have his head up his ass, he's flossing with his teeth! _Are_ you ok?
Nov. 21st, 2006 04:15 pm (UTC)
I'll live.
It was one of those no avoiding it situations.
They don't happen often.
Nov. 21st, 2006 04:29 pm (UTC)
I should hope not!
Dec. 11th, 2006 12:40 am (UTC)
*slaps head*
I am soooo sorry about today.

I'm having a rather sudden onset of a violent period and stayed curled up most of the morning. Then I remembered Sean had wrestling, and his jogging suit wasn't clean.. blah blah. How does this happen?? Besides, my ogre works 6am -2pm on sundays.
Again, I'm really sorry, usually I'm not soo much of twit.
Dec. 30th, 2006 12:53 am (UTC)
Are you going to be able to make it next weekend to the baby shower?
Dec. 30th, 2006 02:47 am (UTC)
Baby shower?
Kristy's baby shower?
If it's on a Saturday, I can't make it.
I work about 11 hours Saturdays and have no time open until after 6:00PM
Dec. 30th, 2006 07:57 pm (UTC)
Yes Kristy's baby shower. That is too bad we'll have to get together sometime so our kids can play. It would be nice for Maria to have a friend around her age.
( 9 comments — Leave a comment )


Dylia Dhaors

Latest Month

December 2008
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Tiffany Chow